The privacy of your personal information is very important to us at ALMO.
All personal information collected will be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
Collecting Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be collected and held by ALMO for the purposes of:
* providing you with the product or service that you have requested;
* managing our relationship with you; or
* contacting you about products and services in which you may be interested.
To enable us to provide you with service you require, we need to obtain and hold personal information about you.
This may include:
* Your name, contact details and date of birth;
* Employment details and history;
* financial details including information about your financial needs and objectives, your current financial circumstances including your assets and liabilities, income, expenditure, insurance cover and superannuation; and
* Any other information that we consider necessary.
If it is reasonable and practicable we will only collect your personal information directly from you. We may need to collect personal information from third parties such as your accountant and accredited Financial Brokers, in which case we will obtain your written consent.
How Your Personal Information is Held
Your personal information is generally held in our client files or on this Company’s computer database. Your personal information may also be held in a secure archiving facility.
We will seek to ensure that we take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Some of the measures that we have adopted are having facilities for the secure storage of personal information, having secure offices and access controls for our computer systems.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that we no longer need for any purpose for which may be used or disclosed under the National Privacy Principles.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed for purposes related to the provision to you of the services you have requested. The types of third party service providers that may be provided with your personal information are:
* organisations that assist in operating our business such as those that provide administrative, financial, accounting, legal, computer or other business services;
* Government authorities and other organisations when required by law; and
* Organisations that you have consented to your personal information being disclosed to.
Your personal information may also be used in connection with such purposes.
We will seek to ensure that your personal information is not used or disclosed for any purpose other than:
* The primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is related to the primary purpose for which it was collected;
* Where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
* In other circumstances where the National Privacy Principles authorise the use or disclosure such as when it is required by or authorised under law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who provide services to us, in which case we will seek to ensure that the personal information is held, used or disclosed consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
Accessing your Personal Information
You can gain access to your personal information that we hold. This is subject to exceptions allowed by law such as where providing you with access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others. If we deny a request for access we will provide you with the reasons for this decision. To request access please contact us (see "Contacting Us and Privacy Issues" below).
Correcting Your Personal Information
We Endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold is not accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us (see "Contacting Us and Privacy Issues" below) and provide us with evidence that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we agree that the personal information requires correcting we will take reasonable steps to do so. If we do not correct your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for not correcting your personal information. If you request that we associate with the information a statement claiming that the information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request.
Contacting Us and Privacy Issues
You can obtain details of what personal information we hold about you or you can raise any privacy issues with us by contacting us at the following address:
ALMO | Australia
PO Box 395 Collins Street West,
Melbourne, Victoria 8007